Monday, June 20, 2005

Lifeguards.

You know, I just got back from swimming lessons, when I suddenly has this shocking realization.

About lifeguards.

About what the word "lifeguard" means.

Lifeguard literally means someone or something that is guarding life (not from a dictionary, just from my head).

You may have already known that, but to me, it just came as something that I had never thought of.

So, lifeguards, in this sense, guard our life against water.

So...

Other people are lifeguards, too, in the sense that they preserve life.

So...

Firefighters guard our life against fire.

Police officers guard our life against, various things, but in particular, violence.

The Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, and all other branches of the militia guard our life from evil.

Pastors and other Christians guard our spiritual life against evil, also.

So...

There are a lot of different life guards, aren't there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very true...I came to that realization once upon a time not so very long ago...thats just another way to say that I don't remember when...see you wednesday...is anyone jumping up and down like me about that????

Anonymous said...

whohoo...glad someone else is as excited as I am!!!! I'll have to work real hard so I can have lots of fun....and no guilty conscience :)