Wednesday, February 15, 2006

More Skating!

Yes, it is Emily Hughes who is replacing Michelle Kwan. Sorry about that, Missy, and thank you!

The last couple to skate Monday night was a pair from China. The lady attempted to do a quadtruple something or other near the beginning of the program. The guy tossed her, she twirled, landed wrong and fell, sliding and hitting the side.

OW!!

She got up, but was kind of bent over and didn't put wait on one leg. Her partner had rushed over and helped her get over to their coach.

Now guess what?

They went over for a moment, and then she skated for a second and they tested her knee.

Guess?

They went back and skated from were she had fallen!

They finished and got their score.

They won silver!

The guy picked her up and stood up and they waved.

So, the Russians won gold, but China was silver, bronze, and fourth.

The couple that skated to Phantom got fourth.

:-(

But, I was happy that the second couple got silver.

:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're welcome! I can't wait to get the tapes from our Aunt and watch some interesting stuff (figure skating) instead of the non-interesting stuff (cross country skiing, the luge, and curling)

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a pretty amazing comeback for China.

Why am I not surprised that Russia took gold? Those Scandinavian countries always seem to do best in the winter Olympics, and at anything that's not a contact sport (i.e., gymnastics, skating, etc.--I guess contact sports are more of an "American" thing :). In the cafeteria they have posters up for some of the countries, and people mark down the medals that each country has won. I think Russia has the most golds so far.

Anonymous said...

I think the Norwegians have the most medals...it was 11 yesterday and Russia had 8...I think...