You all's comments on the last post were amusing, as I'm sure they were intended to be.
So, it's a new year now. It doesn't seem a lick different, though. ;-)
I decided that, since I had no idea what else to do, I'd post a few quotes from Les Miserables that I rather liked. :-)
"To travel is to be born and to die at every instance."
"He loved books; books are remote but reliable friends."
"What a dismal thing not to know the address of one's soul!"
"Woe, alas! to whoever has loved only bodies, forms, appearances! Death will take everything from him. Try to love souls and you will find them again."
"For when you have no more hope, you still have song."
"Let me tell you something. You'd be mistaken to think I'm angry. One does not get angry at a dead man. That would be stupid."
I hope you found those as enjoyable as I did, though I do rather suspect that something is lost in losing the context. :-(
I also just read The Wind in the Willows. Though I was familiar with the story, there were several chapters that I'd never really heard about before and those ended up being my favorite, I think. The following comes from the end of Chapter VII, The Piper at the Gates of Dawn.
(N.B. I wrote it out in verse form, following the breaks in the text, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if I messed something up as it's written in prose form in the book.)
Lest the awe should dwell
And turn your frolic to fret
You shall look on my power at the helping hour
But then you shall forget!
Lest limbs be reddened and rent
I spring the trap that is set
As I loose the snare you may glimpse me there
For surely you shall forget!
Helper and healer, I cheer
Small waifs in the woodland wet
Strays I find in it, wounds I bind in it
Bidding them all forget!
That was also something that would probably be appreciated more in context. *sighs* I can always explain context for it all, if needed. :-D
And I think I shall leave you all with that. :-)
Happy New Year everyone!
Thursday, January 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment