Saturday, April 16, 2005

Catching falling stars can be hazardous to your health

Like my title? The story behind it....
I have discovered something wonderful, amazing, nifty, and all around neat. Well, technically, I wasn't the one who discovered it, but...
Ok, the falling stars*..they are the little (and not so little) plastic glow-in-the-dark type. Hopefully you know the kind that I mean. Ok, here are some instructions...
^^^^^^^^^^
1. First, it is best you have actually have some of these stars...it doesn't work very well without them.
2. "Recharge" them by sticking them under alight for a little bit.
3. Find a dark room.
4. Take those stars and go into the dark room (hopefully you are all following me).
5. Ok, if there is more than one person doing this, then, distribute them among whom ever is particpiating.
6. Count to three.
7. When you get to three, throw the stars up (try not to hit any chandaliers [or lamps] in the room).
8. Catch them, or rather, pick them up off the floor.
9. Repeat steps 6, 7, and 8.
^^^^^^^^^^
It's lots of fun. The hazardous part? That is when you go to pick the stars up. Sister 2's friend and I went for a star at the exact same time and reached it at the exact same time, causing the top of her head to hit the side of my head. OW!!!
We also watched Pride and Prejudice (A&E--Colin Firth, Jennifer Ehle). Five hours long. Despit our predictions of finishing by 1 A.M. at the best, we finished at 12:46 A.M. At least it was close (I later discovered that I plugged in the wrong time).
Well, that was yesterday. :-)
Today...well, a good thing that happened (probably not the only one) was that I discovered where the new adult books at our library are kept. And I found a book that I thought had been checked out (for a long time) because it wasn't with the author's other books. :-) Oh, and for dessert, after lunch, we had peanut butter chocolate chuck cookies. :-) Yum. :-)
All for now.

* = Note--We didn't use just stars; we also had two moons. :-)
Arrgghhh...got to change the time again. :-(

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a riot, Mari. I love in-the-dark games!!! For Sisters no. 3 & 4's sake, I sometimes hold colored cloth under my desk lamp, so the shimmering pastel version shines on the ceiling of the otherwise darkened room. so after bedtime some nights, they sit awake while I make rainbows. Our plush lavendar pillow works the best...

:o)

Anonymous said...

Catching stars... made me think of "Princess Diaries". Betty actually already told me that story. For a long time I had a couple of glow-in-the-dark stars that were stickers stuck to my dresser, and the residue from them won't come off.

Unknown said...

catch a falling star and put it in your pocket

never let it fade awaaaayy...

catcha falling star and put it in your pocket

save it for a rainy daaayy....

>_>